Protecting The Innocent Who Are Facing Sex Crime Allegations
Too often, people are charged with sex crimes when they are actually innocent. Misunderstandings, difficult family law situations and a wide range of other circumstances lead to people facing sex crime charges when they should not.
Because of the devastating nature of sex crime accusations, it is imperative that you take action to ensure the defense of your rights, your reputation and your future as soon as possible after being accused. Call child pornography defense attorney Stephen Govin today at 414-395-5620. Located in Milwaukee, the firm assists clients throughout Wisconsin.
Comprehensive Sex Crime Defense
Some of the charges Mr. Govin defends clients against include:
- Sexual assault
- Child pornography crimes
- Internet sex crimes
- Lewd and lascivious behavior
- Solicitation of a child charges
- Statutory rape
- Use of a computer to facilitate a child sex crime
- Child enticement
- Failure to comply with the sex offender registry
Exceptional Criminal Defense From A Seasoned Trial Attorney
At the Law Office of Stephen M. Govin, LLC, attorney Stephen Govin helps the accused fight to protect their rights and their standing within the community. His extensive experience has taught him that the best defense against sex crimes charges is a multipronged attack that:
- Attacks the evidence against you — A close examination of the search warrant and how it was obtained and executed can lead to the exclusion of evidence that may be necessary for the case against you to proceed, if your constitutional rights were not respected.
- Attacks the credibility, motivations and biases of the accuser — The critical question is often, “Why is the accuser lying?”
- Humanizes you to the judge, prosecutor and jury — Sex crime charges can turn a person into a two-dimensional character. Clearly illustrating who you are and what your struggles are can help people see more than just someone who has been accused of a sex crime. Seeking treatment and utilizing psychological assessments can be helpful to this end.
If your case cannot be reduced or dismissed prior to trial, you may need a trial. If you need a trial in a sex crime case, you need Stephen’s experience at trial to fight for your rights and win.
Developing A Strong Defense Against Digital Sex Crime Accusations
Child pornography charges today are based almost exclusively on computers and the internet. The use of file-sharing sites and other types of websites can leave a trail of evidence that the police may be able to access without you even being aware. That situation is complicated by the fact that computers are often shared or left in areas where multiple people can access them.
These allegations can devastate a person’s family, professional reputation and standing within the community. Child Protective Services may remove your children. While it may be difficult to overcome the shock of such charges, it is critical that you begin taking action to defend your rights and your future as soon as possible.
The Strongest Sex Crime Defense For Your Rights
When you are facing sex crime charges, you need to know that the attorney you choose has the knowledge, experience and commitment to actually be able to prepare a strong defense. Wisconsin sex crimes defense lawyer Stephen Govin has the experience you need and the commitment to obtain the best results possible in your case. Let Stephen take on your case. For a consultation, call his Milwaukee office at 414-395-5620 or email the law firm to request an appointment.