Protecting Your Interests During Investigations
If you know you are being investigated or that law enforcement is looking for you, how do you protect yourself?
The smart thing to do is to get a skilled criminal defense attorney on your side. At The Law Office of Stephen M. Govin, LLC, you will find a proven attorney who is committed to helping you resolve the issues as favorably as possible.
Call 414-395-5620 to discuss what to do before your situation gets worse. Mr. Govin defends clients in the Milwaukee metro area and throughout Wisconsin.
The Advantages Of Speaking To An Attorney As Soon As Possible
Speaking with a criminal defense lawyer early in the criminal justice process offers several key advantages. These benefits include:
- Avoid accidental self-incrimination: Law enforcement is highly skilled at interviewing people accused of criminal conduct. While they cannot force you to incriminate yourself, many people do it accidentally when interacting with the police. Having Stephen M. Govin present at all times will help you avoid saying or doing something that can lead to a conviction.
- Obtain a proactive resolution: When your attorney intercedes with law enforcement authorities early, during the investigation phase of a case, it is often an effective way to achieve a favorable outcome. Mr. Govin can negotiate on your behalf seeking to prevent unwarranted charges before they are even filed.
- Protect your interests if you need to litigate: Getting early legal representation can also help you protect your interests if extensive litigation becomes necessary. Mr. Govin will be in an optimum position to gather the evidence needed to build a strong case for your defense.
- Negotiate a favorable surrender agreement: If law enforcement has a warrant for your arrest relating to a criminal case, it is crucial to have a plan in place before turning yourself in. Attorney Govin will work on all elements of your surrender agreement, including your bail so that you can get out of jail as quickly as possible.
What Might Be Hanging Over Your Head?
Don’t wait until after prosecutors charge you with a crime. Protect your interests, your freedom and your future by talking to Stephen M. Govin today. He will immediately begin working to seek a resolution that keeps you out of jail.
He can help you in situations that include:
- Drug crimes
- Drunk driving/OWI
- Sex crimes
- Domestic violence allegations
- White collar crimes
- College crimes
Call his office or send an email to schedule an initial consultation today.